Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
All users please note, we will soon be migrating the forum to Microcosm. Please head over to the "Migration to Microcosm" thread for some important information regarding this migration in particular the part about your email address.
Wanted: cycling freebies for a Secret Cycling Santa
  • This year I'm planning a "Secret Cycling Santa" for the cycle commuters in my office - namely those who have continued to struggle into work up until the Wednesday before Christmas as a way of saying thank you (mainly "thank you for making the company realise that there really are a lot of people who use the showers, so don't get rid of them").

There are about 30 folk that'll still be cycling by then, and I was going to make them up a little box each with some bits and bobs. so far there's a puncture repair kit from the Bike Station (as part of the cycle friendly employer thing), a festive cycling map, some Soreen (unless I eat it all between now and then), and... a bike polo flyer!

I'm looking for more little things to add - is there anyone who works in the bike-related world that would have any such little things that could be added? When I've emailed people about it I've said that I'll add in any promotional material/flyers that contributors fancy.

Ta!

Midge
  • Try alpine they are usually good for that sort of shizle.
  • Good idea - strangely, it hadn't really occurred to me to email the normal bike shops. I'd contacted the sorts that the company have had some dealings with before, but it would be a good way to get a few more contacts around the place.
  • Good idea, surprised there isn't a ready to go goody bag already out there!
  • Brickman, do you think your work would be up for donating some things/promo stuff for tourney prizes?
  • Got a reply back from Alpine within 10 minutes of emailing them - result! Bottle of chain lube, absolutely awesome. Thanks for the heads-up!
  • I emailed Tunnocks too, to see if they can donate any mallows, haha.
  • Just had an email from Soreen, who are sending me 40 loaves.

Now I just need Captain Birdseye to get back to me with the 40 fishes and I'll be right in the festive spirit!