It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Apply for Membership
Classifieds & Shopping
Forum Help & Testing Area
Mechanics & Fixing
Miscellaneous & Meaningless
Rides & Races
Travel & Trips
Classifieds & Shopping
These have been the unwritten, variably enforced rules since the forum started but now that they're written down, they will be enforced more strongly.
The classifieds section of the forum is intended to put together buyers and sellers locally, to allow people local to Glasgow to avoid paying eBay fees to have to buy and sell bikes, components, bags, fixie skidder accessories etc.. There are a few simple rules that go along with this and all threads that do not comply with the rules will be deleted.
- All classifieds must be posted in the 'Classifieds & Shopping' category.
- A thread prefix must be used. Acceptable thread prefixes are: "For Sale:", "Trade:", "Wanted:", "Freecycle:". Please do not use thread prefixes such as "FS:" and "WTD:".
- Items offered for sale on Glasgow Fixed Gear should be offered for sale here exclusively. If you have advertised your item elsewhere, do not advertise it here. This covers other forums, Gumtree, eBay, and any other outlets. In the event that your item does not sell within a period of 5 days, it is acceptable to post it elsewhere but you must update the thread with this information and request that the thread be closed.
- The "
" thread is for listing items you think other forum members may be interested in;
for posting your own Gumtree/eBay listings.
- No bumping of threads in the classifieds category is permitted. Two exclusions to this exist: 1) Dropping the asking price for your item. 2) Updating a thread with new information such as pictures.
- PayPal transactions must include buyer protection (sellers are not allowed to demand that money be sent as a "Gift" as this deprives the buyer of any form of protection on their payment).
- Once an item has been sold, please update the thread asking that it be closed by a moderator. This prevents other forum members dredging up threads where an item has already been sold.
These rules are adapted from the classifieds rules of
This discussion has been closed.