Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Youtube/Vimeo Finds
  • This is what city cycling is all about!

http://www.vimeo.com/2989396
  • D'you honestly believe that? Zipping in and out of traffic and running red lights just pisses car drivers off. It makes it harder for everyone on a bike.
  • [quote]
    Soweto888:
    D'you honestly believe that?
    Maybe. The car drivers who get aggravated are generally angry people. There's nothing that can be done to stop them getting angry. Most people, however, are quite sedate. I'm not condoning any particular type of cycling behavior but I'm also not going to pass judgement on the choices of others.
  • Personally if I didn't filter through traffic or skip red lights at left hand turns when it's safe (which is a legal road manoeuvre in many countries anyway) I'd feel a large part of the liberation of cycling in the city would be stripped away. If I am going to sit in queues at red lights I might as well be dry.
  • Filtering to the front of a queue is fair game - that's one of the perks of cycling. I just don't like to see folk skipping lights or going through spaces that aren't there. If you want to be treated with courtesy, you have to treat drivers in the same fashion. Any sort of riding where you zigzag from one lane to the other and suddenly appear in front of cars out of nowhere seems pretty selfish to me.
  • The guy in the video lands that acid drop pretty heavy. I'm with Soweto on the riding style though. The highway code is there for a reason, I don't follow it to the letter. I don't think many drivers have ever actually read it and that's why our roads can be so chaotic and two wrongs don't make a right.
  • This thread has gone a bit off topic

this gent is part of the reason im into fixed gear cycling

Garrett Chow
  • Is Lance Armstrong also in that video. The guy in the white shirt.
  • Very impressive.
  • Yeah, that's Lance.
  • Immense
  • that top one is so funny the way the wheel just gets smaller and smaller till they topple over!
  • I'm just flicking through the Macaframa trailers and this one jumped out at me:

http://www.vimeo.com/1261081
  • Was I ment to laugh? Spoks make me giggle now.
  • It's mostly the music choice that I liked.
  • Checking out the other trailers it looks pretty cool, need to get a hold of that Mash DVD and see what this is all about eh?
  • [quote]
    islipaway:
    need to get a hold of that Mash DVD

Don't bother. 50 minutes of the dullest frames ever commited to video. Anything worth seeing is in the trailer.
  • [quote]
    islipaway:
    Checking out the other trailers it looks pretty cool, need to get a hold of that Mash DVD and see what this is all about eh?I have it on my iPhone. It's pish.
  • Police brutality at CM ride...
    Police brutality at RTS

News Repot on the "incident"

...at least he is off the street. The cop, that is 8)
  • [quote]
    rusty:

That's freaking sweet. Who's up for a trick night? heh I think another night a week on the bikes would lead to quick dumping but more time for the bikes!
  • [quote]
    islipaway:
    [quote]
    rusty:

That's freaking sweet. Who's up for a trick night? heh I think another night a week on the bikes would lead to quick dumping but more time for the bikes!

yeah would be up for that

always thought the square at pacific quay (BBC) would be ideal, although they've covered a chunk of it with a garden now. Still poss worthwhile though.
  • Heh, I was kinda joking but I am taking up trying to learn some tricks on polo nights during down time, if you wanna come show the skills there!
  • haha, no I'd be looking to be shown the skills too. Trackstands and skids are my limit at the moment.
  • Those still count as tricks in my world.
  • One for the roadies out there:

• I do like the look of the Catlike helmets
  • [quote]
    euan:
    I do like the look of the Catlike helmets
    I think they look a bit weird. I much prefer the look of my Giro.
  • Quite a cool video that. I've watched it a few times.
  • Check some of the stuff the motorbike does to keep up with the guy at the end.
  • What country was that?
  • New Zealand I think it said.
  • It's Auckland, New Zealand.
  • They guy that won it was over from MASH.
  • How can red bull sponsor an illegal street race?
  • [quote]
    islipaway:
    How can red bull sponsor an illegal street race?

I was thinking the same thing.
    Cheeky disclaimer?
    'Red Bull does not condone... blah blah blah'
  • Or close the streets, but then it's not an alleycat. If the video was working that might solve it...
  • There Goes An Asshole by Shank Bone Mystic

• ..pure radio rental!
  • When you have one less gear than us....

• [quote]
    carnageboy:

..pure radio rental!

thats sweet, looks differant to the normal downhill course they normally have set out ho is it not?
  • Here's the followup to the Cervelo Test Team video I linked a few weeks ago.

http://www.vimeo.com/4261719
  • This should probably have been posted under Travel & Tips on the basis of being a "how not to" type video....
  • even professional mechanics forget to tighten the odd skewer here and there I guess!!