Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Bike Polo // Sunday 27th January // The Barn // 11:00
  • Given 'Thursday Night Polo' is a bit misleading as we probably won't be playing Thursdays...

Who's still up for Polo and what's your availability? If we do start playing again I'd like to get something regular set.

1. islipaway: Weekdays after 6pm, Weekends any time.
  • I'd be up for playing but am in edinburgh a lot at these days at the weekend as my girlfriend lives there. cant do wednesday as play football but will keep an eye on things and if I am free I'll play.
  • i've never played before, don't even really know how to, but i'm up for it! i'll only ever know when i'm working a week or two in advance though.
  • I cand do Wednesday night Friday nights are a possibility and weekends at a push. Although during the summer months Thursday nights will be possible.
  • Id love to give it a shot, although i dont have a clue or an appropriatly geared bike/mallet
  • I'm sure we can provide spare mallets to anyone wanting to have a go. Don't worry if your gearing is a bit high, at least until you get addicted and build a specific polo bike! If you are interested, add your availability to the list and we'll have a beginners night or something.

2. denmancentral: weekday evenings, weekends
  • 1. islipaway: Weekdays after 6pm, Weekends any time.
    3. intactradio: weekday evenings (except tuesdays), weekends - BEGINNER ALERT!
    4. Joshvegas: well one of the bonuses of being unemployed is...
    5. Fra-zzr: almost everynight is good. NOOB
  • i like the sound of bike polo. total nooby - no tools. can't commit to regular times, odd working pattern... but will turn up if i can.
    5. Fra-zzr: almost everynight is good. NOOB
    6. peel: tue/wed/fri evenings and weekends.
  • 6! That's a game.

When you get a night sorted, a couple of folk from 'Burgh are keen to come through for a game.
    Polo!
  • I said in the other thread that polo was being discussed that I was up for it but I'll say it here too!
    Uni work and trying to be a freelancer kind of prevent me from having a regularly available day but by the same fortune, I have no day that I'm NOT available.
  • I'll see if I can get a hold of Derek.
  • Try to get a hold of Ben (Hathair). He's got my old bike, or at least most of it. I'm sure he's up for some game. If I wasn't living in Sweden now, I'd be totally up for it. The hardest part is to get people to come and play. We're starting a team here in Stockholm and just ordered 6 frame-sets for the team, check these guys out http://airwalkfixed.blogspot.com/2009/12/bmx-frame-restock-now.html it's $200 shipped anywhere in the world. Geometry is based off of the Milwaukee Bruiser. Next time I'm in Glasgow, I'll come out for a game. : )
  • Wednesday then? Who can make what this week? Friday seems a bad idea but I can do Fridays.
  • I can do wednesday this week
  • Yep, yep, yep I can do Wednesday. Etap?
  • Should be able to make wednesday no problem
  • yeah etap, not scoped out the other court. 4 is a sorta game, I have 2 mallets and I think a ball somewhere...
  • I've got a ball and I can bring a couple of mallets. Finlay really wants to come so there might be 4.5 players.
  • that guy is looking to play polo and he also created a website to get people to play
    http://westendbikepolo.com/

you guys should get in touch with him!
  • yes it's ian I think, I got his contact from someone and told him about this forum
  • we defo doing this? Anyone not know where the court is?
  • has anyone contacted felt productive?
  • I'm still up for it.
  • i'll come
  • http://bikepologlasgow.wordpress.com/ has map to court, it's the etap one.
  • I'll try and be there but I said I'd help my girlfriend with a shoot tomorrow at some point.
  • thought i'd check back. what time yous playing at? got no mallet.
  • I think I'll get there about 7:00 I'm sure I've got a spare mallet.
  • I'm well up for this, beginner welcome with no mallet??
  • For sure, the more the merrier. There should be spare mallets.
  • Nice one! Etap court is the one south of the river by Kingston bridge?
  • you know that weird bridge davvy? come across that and follow the river (reverse of what we did) diagonally across the carpark to the multi storey
  • Might be up for tonight even in the pissing rain!
  • the court is in a multistorey so you don't get wet playing.
  • spose thats ok, still have to get there though
  • yes, you do. I'm meeting davvy at george square at 645 if anyone wants to come with.
  • Ah it's always been 6 start but tbh 7 works better for me. See you guys there!
  • will be there for 7
  • 7 is good for me.
  • Looks like I'll be late, not left yet.
  • Well taht was fun!
  • cheers folks, think i'll be back
  • good laugh!
  • building your old frame up as a polo bike fazzr?
  • love to, but think im missing too many bits
  • Anyone have some Yellow Gas Pipe left for mallets ?? Will pay + shipping.
  • Have made that old frame into a proper frankenbike, pics to come
  • islipaway said:

I'll see if I can get a hold of Derek.

Good to see polo has started back.... been working away but if this coming Wed is on then I'll drop by.
  • excellent.
    List?

1. Josh
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions