Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Riders' Bikes & Faces
  • who are all you people ive seen around?
  • Me:

Me bike:

Me other bike:
  • is that the fuji 08?
  • Nope. '07. The main difference is the quill stem on the '07 and the ahead stem on the '08. It's blacked out with electrical tape for two reasons:

1) I didn't like the decals
    2) I saw someone else did it and thought "I want that one"
  • i didnt even realize it was electrical tape, good job.

whats rims and tyres are they?
    it looks nice.
  • Fuji ones. Alex rims. They're the pish that you get with the bike as standard. They work fine even though everyone says they're rubbish. Everything else is also standard except the Fizik Arione saddle. I'm too cheap to upgrade anything on it really.
  • it looks pretty decent.
    do you live in central Glasgow?

i cant wait to get mine, im desperate to get some deep rims also, white ones would be great.
  • I live quite central. Eglinton Toll so south side but close to town. I suppose London fashions don't apply up here so you could always get Deep V's which are slated in London because they're heavy but CXP33s are considered to be lighter and nicer. Search on LondonFGSS for 'em.
  • i dont really know the south side at all.
    im ordering my bike tomorrow night, cant wait.

http://www.all-about-the-bike.co.uk/fuji-track-bike-2008---free-delivery-567-p.asp

as soon as i get it i will be cruising around the city and subs all the time, especially since its comming to summer
  • Do it. But don't buy their brake kit.
  • nahh, fuck their brake kit.
    im going get some 105's, i had them on my bike in melbourne, for their cheaper range of brakes, their really good.
  • hmmm...photos didnt work...cant work computers!...mighty fine to see a glasgow sight runnin...gonna keep the old eyes peeled for folks!
  • p.s i thought about getting the 58 fuji instead of the 61, maybe that would suit me more.
  • [quote]
    thebobbybobbob:
    hmmm...photos didnt work...cant work computers!...mighty fine to see a glasgow sight runnin...gonna keep the old eyes peeled for folks!
    I fixed 'em for you.
  • My Bike

Me

• cheers rusty for the photo fix!
    Ginger one on the left.
    (bike soon to be)
  • Me:

My Bike - another Bianchi Pista!
    me and my girlfriend, shes too tall.
  • shes hot though dude!
  • we have an amazing sex life, she puts out on the daily! ;)
  • so yeah, i got my fuji track today, put it together in the morning sun and then cycled 12 miles into town, cruised around town getting used to using it in traffic and then cycled 12 miles home, i went down this steep hill and nearly took my bike to the ground, but i managed to run it out through luck ha. i have too things i dont like about the fuji, the stem is too long and the bars are too wide, easy to change so no worries!

whats everyone been doing?
  • The Bike - now minus back brake and with new tyres

and Me

• Phunkymunky - am i right in saying i spotted you in Kelvingrove at the ice cream van with a lady friend and your bike?
  • That was me ...yeah been spotted by somebody from da interweb!!! .

I saw 3 guys on fixed while I was supervising at the kids playpark and then saw a bloke on a very nice purple Dave Yates on the way for coffee after. A busy bike spotting day indeed.
  • I saw someone on a white brakeless fixed gear turning onto Albert Drive from Pollokshaws Road yesterday at about 7:50pm. Nice bike.
  • i wasn't on my bike, i was having a good auld skate.
    we should have a cruise on our fixes soon.
  • [quote]
    Cuppa T:
    we should have a cruise on our fixes soon.
    This statement just epitomises the hipster idea of fixed gear. 'Cruising on my fixie'. I am partial to a cruise however.
  • im used to saying it in terms of skateboarding, such as "lets go for a roll" / "lets go for a cruise" so those words are as such in my vocab.
    but its good fun 'cruising' around and seeing what the city is upto.

now im staying out in the country ive been cloking up the miles, i normally cycle into perth and back which normally = 30 miles
    or a cycle to my friends is 10 round trip, im going to gain legs of steel soon.
  • Are you coming back to live in Glasgow any time soon?
  • not live i don't think but visiting loads most likely once i find my summer job.
  • out of tonights episode of boredom i made a couple of spoke cards, gfgss ones with this....
  • finally got a photo of my bike.
    still at a basic stage, i have ideas in my head.
  • Yo Hipsters,
    How’s it hangin’?
    Right, not got any pictures of me or ma bike.
    Frame-de-badged Flying Scot (made in Glasgow)
    Wheels - Formula/IRO/Zenith Generic hubs with Mavic open sport rims.
    Tyres-Schwalbe Marathon plus (had one puncture, green glass, could it have been a Buckfast bottle?)
    All other parts have been salvaged from my mums Garage including the frame.
  • Aw, you've got a good name AND a Scot. That's hardly fair. I went to look at one in Port Glasgow last month - built in 1958; chromed stays and lugs. Unfortunately, someone had been fiddling with the seat tube - it looked like a bit of amateur welding - so I Ieft without it. Hello to you, anyway! What colour's your Scot?

By the way, it's no' all hipsters on fixed. I've been up the Tak enough times that I think I should be allowed to ride whatever I like. I'm too old to be a hipster, anyway. :-)
  • Im not a hipster either, mores the pity. Full lycra man me. Got to love the Flying Scots, always have my eyes peeled for them. There was a nice green one on Gumtree in Glasgow a while ago, anyone else see it?

Tak ma doon, ouch! only been over it once in winter many years ago, that was fun:)
  • hipsters don't live in the country and put in as much effort to cycle through the country 30 miles atleast 4 times a week where people don't care what you look like or cycle.
  • Hi Guys,
    The scot is "equipment grey" like a lathe or a milling machine. It was accidental but it almost looks like a LeMond Fillmore. I think it was originaly metalic green it was then resprayed orange by Rattrays in the late 70s then in the early 80's I resprayed it. I was about twelve and was inspired by Foxs Party Rings I painted it pink with yellow forks and contrasting lug lining. It remained that colour until recently when I decided to make it a bland grey.

Never saw the Scot on Gumtree there's one on the electronic bay that ends tomorow clickety click click. I saw another two recently on ebay one auction for complete bike and frame, sure the lot went for less than £100 the frames were really big though.
    beautiful.
  • Sorry link didn't work, a Scot with track ends too. And Soweto I'm quite proud of the user name. I thought it up thismorning on the ride to work. I checked on lfgss and was surprised no-one had used it on there so I registered again. Need to work on that avatar though, it should look like this http://www.mi.infm.it/~biolab/c-getafix.gif image
  • Nice frame cuppa. Where d'you get the picture, shame the badge says Dales and not Rattrays.
  • The Hipster comment was obviously not meant to offend anyone.
  • i found it through a google image search.....id love to find a good quality frame from built in Scotland.
    i was cycling around Glasgow for the past two years on a BSA equipe....... when i bought it though i was slightly nieve and gave it a paint job.....i wish i just left it as it was made the rough paint job a feature.
  • [quote]
    Getafix:
    Hi Guys,
    The scot is "equipment grey" like a lathe or a milling machine.

I was only asking out of curiosity. There are a few singlespeeds that I see regularly. Thought you might have been one of them. Clearly not. You're riding fixed anyway, aren't you?
    [quote]
    Getafix:

Never saw the Scot on Gumtree there's one on the electronic bay that ends tomorow clickety click click.

I was the highest bidder on the eBay Scot when it was up for sale a couple of months back. My top bid of 111 quid was lower than the reserve, though, so I didn't get it. This time round, I'm going to be a voyeur and just watch. The seller is asking over the odds.

[quote]
    Merak:
    There was a nice green one on Gumtree in Glasgow a while ago, anyone else see it?

Yeah, I made enquiries about that one, too. It wasn't quite big enough for me, but the seller was pushing his luck price-wise, especially with the dents in the frame. He moved it to eBay, where it sold for about £200 after a few shopping channel-style price drops. The bike was most recently seen on Gumtree London, on offer for £420! The new owner conveniently forgot to mention the dents.
  • hello!

well, i've been lurking around and occassionally contributing on the londonfgss site for a while but have just moved back to scotland from leeds.

it's nice to find a local/relevant site. at the moment, i'm living just outside kilmarnock but should be firmly in glasvegas by the end of the summer. at the moment, i just ride into glasgow if anything interesting is happening.

my bikes and me:

fixed (i know, but i love it - really fun to ride and i don't need to worry too much about it. now features black tape over the white bits and that creaky bottom bracket.) geared, and me (although i'm sporting a heavy beard at the moment!)

(ok - i can't get the picture thing to work - using photobucket and not had any troubles before - what am i doing wrong?!)

anyway, fixed is a langster at the moment - ideal work horse and pub bike (my bob jackson lives in storage in leeds until i get a flat properly,)

geared is a focus variado expert,

and i'm about average height and a bit overweight with a beard. i'm no hipster - i'm just waiting until being a grade A bawbag comes into fashion then you can all see some action!

cheers,

johnny

*edit:

here's the links:

• Welcome johnny. If you post up pics and they don't work I'll edit them to work. Photobucket seems to not work sometimes. People choose the wrong link to insert it seems. Great that you bought a Bob Jackson living in leeds.

- 2008 Charge Plug (medium frame)

- Nitto B123AA Classic Alloy Track Bar

- Delta 45 degree A-Head Stem (80mm)

- Campagnolo Aero Seatpost (27.2mm)

- Campagnolo "Superleggeri" Super/Nuovo Record Pedals

- Black Sugino 75 Crankset (165mm) with Sugino 75 44t Black Chain ring

- KMC Black/Silver Chain

- Purple Velocity Deep V 700c wheels with Michelin ERILIUM Tires

- Charge Plug 2008 original Brown leather saddle & matching grip tape
  • Check that stem!

Tasty cranks. I love the Sugino 75 cranks.
  • im currently looking for a stem like that.
    nice bike icecream.
  • [quote]
    icecream:

- 2008 Charge Plug (medium frame)

- Nitto B123AA Classic Alloy Track Bar

- Delta 45 degree A-Head Stem (80mm)

- Campagnolo Aero Seatpost (27.2mm)

- Campagnolo "Superleggeri" Super/Nuovo Record Pedals

- Black Sugino 75 Crankset (165mm) with Sugino 75 44t Black Chain ring

- Purple Velocity Deep V 700c wheels with Michelin ERILIUM Tires

- Charge Plug 2008 original Brown leather saddle & matching grip tape

I'd have changed the wallpaper before the wheels. :-P